The 2013 Molyjam will take place over the weekend of July 5th-7th local time. Details coming soon! Follow @molyjam on Twitter
Sometimes theres just not a venue near you, but the jamming must go on! Join us online, click here for more information.
Hosting a Jam Site
We had over 30 locations worldwide last year, but we'd love to add more! If you're interested in hosting, please contact us at .
Here is what you'll need to provide as a host:
- Workspace - tables, chairs, access to power, water, and bathrooms
- Wireless internet access
- Parking or nearby public transit access
- Nearby access to food establishments
- Large tv or projector - for the show and tell presentations at the end!
- Webcam - for livestreaming your brainstorming and work sessions, show and tell presentations, whatever else comes to mind
Thanks to companies and individuals who support independent game development communities, our jam participants are able to have access to free food and snacks, cheap or free jam locations, temporary development licenses, and more. If you would like to become our esteemed sponsor, please contact us at .
Want to look back at last year's jam? Our friends in the press have you covered:
- Molyjam: How Twitter Can Save Video Games (GDC 2012 talk)
- Postmortem: What Would Molydeux - a global game jam (Gamasutra)
- How a Videogame God Inspired a Twitter Doppelgänger — and Resurrected His Career (Wired)
- Play More Than 200 Ridiculous Peter Molydeux Games Right Now (Kotaku)
- What Would Molydeux? - How One Tweet Started a Revolution (G4)
- Game jam inspired by parody Twitter account is this weekend (NBC News)
- How Game Design Works / Doesn't Work: A Lesson From the 'What Would Molydeux?' Gamejam (Joystiq)
- What Would Molydeux? (Eurogamer)